Quote Of The Week

"Having your quarterback call the protection makes no sense. You've got this room full of linemen who should know better. To me it's like saying, 'Because I live next to a doctor, I can do surgery.'" ~Mike Leach

Who's Your Heisman Winner?

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Open Letter of the Week, and Other Stuff

I've got way too much stuff to cover today, so it's getting bulleted. So, here we go:
-Houston Comets Fold: So sad. The team that has won four WNBA Championships, just couldn't find somebody to buy them. All players will be dispersed through a draft.

-Stephon Marbury Is Told To Go Home: Stephon, you're on my list. You don't want to be there. The Knicks organization has asked Marbury to just stay away. Honestly, if I was Mike D'Antoni, I'd do the same thing. I don't want or need him around my team with the way he's acting. I mean, the Knicks only have eight active players, and he's going to refuse to play anyway. He needs to go stand in a corner somewhere.

-Plaxico Burress put on Non-Football Injured Reserve List: Plax, you're an idiot, and you're on my list with Marbury. He released this quote yesterday, saying, "I would like my fans, and fans of the Giants to reserve judgement until all facts have been disclosed in this case." Plax, I hate to tell you this (actually, I don't) but, you don't have any fans. You were losing them at the beginning of the season with your domestic violence cases, and when you shot yourself, all the rest walked away. And just a few minutes ago, the Giants put him on the Non-Football Injured Reserve officially ending his season. So, in other words, Boom. Outta here.

-Pete Carroll In Trouble With NCAA Without An Alleged Recruiting Violation: I know, right? Pete Carroll is stickin it to the NCAA by announcing that USC will wear their home Cardinal and Gold jerseys at the Rose Bowl saturday at UCLA. Now, the NCAA requires one team to wear white uniforms, typically the away team, which is USC (however, LSU wears white jerseys traditionally as the home team). Now, the penalty for this is one timeout per half, reducing them to four total timeouts (2 per half) from 6 (3 per half). Now, as Scott VanPelt noted on his radio show 'Tirico and VanPelt', USC could spot UCLA points, and it still wouldn't matter.

Now, here's my open letter, this week, to Allen Iverson.
Dear A.I.,
What's up man? Now, don't even front about sunday, or try to act like it didn't happen, cause we all saw it. You were missing layups left and right man. And that pull up that rolled around and out late in the second half on the other side of the floor, that was just unfortunate. But, that's why we talking bout practice. You shot 2 for 9 and scored only 9 points. GO TO PRACTICE!

No comments: